The data protection notice (the “ notice “) defines how ForgeLord.3D and each of its local and international subsidiaries, operational units and commercial branches (the group, we, our) processes the private data of individuals (the “user”, “you”, “your”) who contact us or use our websites, services, programs, content and functionality associates (collectively is “services”) or visit us at trade shows and events or in our location.
If you have any questions about this manual, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will notify you by posting on our website or by any other means whenever we make changes to this notice. If you continue to use our services after notification of these changes, you therefore confirm that you have read the amended notice.
Our services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal data about our visitors under the age of 13. If you are under 18, you must have the consent of your parents or guardians to use our services and to provide us with your personal data.
This version of our personal data protection notice was published in September 2020.
What is personal data?
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, known as a “data subject”, who can be identified directly or indirectly; they may include name, postal or e-mail address, phone number, IP address, geographic coordinates, cookies, call recording or similar information. They may also include “special categories person data” including racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data intended only to identify the person concerned, data concerning the health or the life or sexual orientation of the person.
What personal data do we process?
We may process the following personal data:
- Information you provide. You can provide us with information about yourself by filling out a form, for example the contact form on our website, subscribing to services, requesting a quote, ordering a product, entering a contest, responding to a promotional campaign, responding to a survey, in applying for a job ad, uploading information by corresponding with us by email, telephone or any other means. This information may include your name, email address, billing address, shipping address, telephone number, position and place of work, payment information, the content of any email you send to us, and other similar information.
- Information about other people. You may also provide us with personal data of third parties, including the people you work with, the person who pays for your orders, your friends if you use our referral service to talk about our products, services and promotions, and any other person.
- Information about your device. During your visits to our site, we may collect technical information about your device, including IP address, operating system, browser, time zone, the Internet address of the website you clicked on to our site, data navigation path, information on interactions on the page (elevators, clicks, on flight with the mouse) and method used to exit the page.
- Information from third-party sources This may include information received from credit reference agencies, transport companies, our service providers and other third parties.
In general, you are under no obligation to provide this information, but without it, we may be unable to provide you with some of our Services. We may request information from a credit reference agency before signing a service agreement with you. Certain personal data will be obligatory for us to carry out with the appropriate diligence the obligatory processes for the customer before being able to provide the Services.
Information about third parties should only be provided if you can demonstrate that you have permission to do so, or if the information is available in the public domain.
We believe the information you provide is accurate, complete and current, and you agree to ensure that this is the case.
How do we use your personal data?
We will only process your personal data in accordance with the legislation in force, for the following purposes:
- respond to your inquiries, requests and other communications;
- provide the Services, in particular our website and its functionalities, sale of products and services, registrations and other services;
- enable suppliers and service providers to perform certain functions for us to provide the Services, including web hosting, data storage, identity verification, technical, logistical and other functions, as necessary;
- allow you to use the features of our website, when you wish;
- send you personalized marketing communications in accordance with the law or if you request it. You have the right to unsubscribe by email to email@example.com;
- send personalized announcements to your devices, based on your interests in accordance with our cookie statement below. You have the right to disable cookies as indicated below;
- publish marketing materials, including user testimonials. If you wish to request the deletion of your testimony, you can make the request to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- manage contests. Your participation and your personal data will be viewed by our judges and authorized staff;
- connect to third party functions, including social networks. Our websites may include social media features, including the Facebook “like” button, or other “share” button type features. These features may collect your IP address or the page you are visiting on our site, and may leave a cookie to enable proper operation. Your interactions with these features are governed by the data protection declaration of the company providing them;
- contact third parties, for example by sending a friend you have specified a one-time invitation;
- ensure the security of our activities and prevent or detect fraud;
- manage our activities, including responding to complaints, errors on our website, data analysis, quality control, staff training, testing new features, research, statistical and survey objectives;
- develop and improve our Services
- comply with applicable law, including responding to a request from a court or regulatory body.
The legal basis for processing personal data for the purposes described above will generally include:
- the processing necessary to comply with a contract signed with you or another data subject, in particular the processing necessary for the points indicated in paragraphs a), b), c), d) and j);
- your agreement, in particular for the treatments for the points indicated in paragraphs e), f), g), h) and j);
- the processing necessary for our legitimate interest or that of a third party, in particular the processing for the points indicated in paragraphs a), b), c), d), g), i), j), k), l) and m), carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests to ensure that the Services are properly provided, to ensure the security of our business and our users and for the proper administration and development of our business;
- the processing necessary to comply with a legal obligation, in particular processing for the points indicated in paragraph n); and
- other applicable legal reasons.
Cookies placed on our website. We may use, for example, the following cookies on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential to allow you to navigate the website and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have requested cannot be provided. They are deleted when you close your browser. These are main party cookies.
- Performance cookies These cookies collect anonymous information about how visitors use our website. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how these visitors navigate the website and what approximate regions they are from. These are main party cookies. For example, this website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users visit the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including the IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then processed to evaluate user navigation on the site and to compile statistical reports for website activity for the group.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies allow our site to remember the choices you have made (your username, language or region where you live, if applicable) to provide you with enhanced and personalized services. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browser activity on other websites. These are main party cookies.
- Targeting and commercial communication cookies. These cookies allow us and our advertisers to provide information more tailored to your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an ad, as well as to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They record your visit to our website, and can help us manage your profile. These are persistent cookies that are stored on your device until they expire or are manually deleted.
- Social network cookies. These cookies allow you to connect to social networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+. These are persistent cookies that are stored on your device until they expire or are manually deleted.
- Other cookies and similar technologies used from time to time.
We may combine information from these different types of cookies and technologies with information about you from other sources.
If you are in Europe, when you visit our website for the first time, a message will appear asking your consent to place advertising cookies on your device. If you agree, please click on the acceptance message. Once your agreement is saved, this message will no longer appear when you return. If you or another user of your device wishes to cancel your agreement, you can do so by changing your browser settings.
You can also refuse third-party cookies by choosing the appropriate options at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/.
Disclosure of Personal Data
There are circumstances in which we may wish to disclose, or are compelled to disclose your personal data to third parties. These scenarios include disclosure:
- to our group companies around the world, including Europe, the United States, Japan and elsewhere;
- to our suppliers and service providers to enable the provision of the Services, including web hosting, identity verification (in order to verify your identity in public databases), customer services, job portal, platform payment, analyses, advice, eg. to protect the security and integrity of our business, including our databases and systems, and to ensure business continuity;
- within the legal framework, in particular after agreement, to our commercial and advertising partners who allow us in particular to display personalized advertisements on your devices or can contact you by post, by e-mail, by SMS or other means;
- the payer, for example your employer or agent, who pays for our products and services;
- the legal entities or partner’s successor on a temporary or permanent basis, as part of a joint company, a partnership, financing, sale, merger, reorganization, a change in legal form, dissolution or similar events relating to our activities. In the event of a merger or sale, your personal data will be permanently transferred to the successor company;
- to public authorities when the law requires it; and
- to other third parties when you have given your consent.
International Transfer of your Personal Data
We may transfer your personal data to a third party in a country other than the one in which the personal data was originally collected, for further processing in accordance with the purposes mentioned above. In particular, your personal data may be transferred within our group of companies in the United States and other countries. Where this is the case, we will ensure that appropriate transfer mechanisms, including standard contractual clauses , are in place to ensure an appropriate level of data protection.
If we transfer personal data to private organizations abroad, for example to our suppliers and service providers, we will ensure, as required by applicable law, that your rights to privacy are protected by technical means , organizational, appropriate contractual, or other judicious actions, including standard contractual clauses . You can contact us in these circumstances to obtain a copy of these safeguards.
Retention of Personal Data
We keep personal data as long as necessary for the purposes listed above, or longer if required by law. Please contact us for more details or for the applicable retention periods.
We may keep an anonymized form of your personal data, which is no longer mentioned to you, for statistical purposes without a time limit, to the extent that we have a legitimate and legal interest in doing so.
Security of Personal Data
We will use appropriate technical as well as organizational security measures to try to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data. These include encryption software, firewalls, and the use of Secure Socket Layers (SSL) protocols. We offer a two-step verification process when you access your account online.
However, be aware that the transmission of information via the Internet is never completely secure. While doing our best to secure our own systems, we cannot control the entire Internet and therefore cannot guarantee the security of your information as it is transferred to and from our website.
Where you have created or received a password or a link that allows you to access certain parts of our website or content, you are responsible for keeping this information confidential. We ask you not to share it with a third party.
Rights of the Data Subject
Data subjects may have many rights in relation to their personal data. For more information on your data protection rights, please visit the CNIL website .
- Right of access to personal data. Data subjects can request a copy of their personal data in writing. However, the response to such requests is subject to certain limitations and exceptions in relation to the rights of other persons. Each request must refer to the right of access to personal data. You may be asked to prove your identity and charges permitted by law, if applicable.
- Right of rectification. Data subjects may request rectification of imprecise or incomplete personal data.
- Right to reverse one’s agreement. Data subjects may revoke their agreement to process their personal data made by us at any time on the basis of their previous agreement. Such withdrawal will not affect the legality of processing based on this prior agreement.
- Right to object to processing including an automated part and profiling. Profiling may be performed for business administrative purposes, as well as to obtain trends in user visits to our website and to deliver relevant ads to users’ devices. We will comply with valid objection requests, unless we have a compelling legitimate reason to continue processing, or if we have another legal reason to deny such a request. We will comply with any unsubscription or similar request in connection with commercial communications.
- Right of deletion. Data subjects can request that we erase their personal data. We will comply with this request, unless there is a legal reason why we can’t. For example, there may be a compelling legitimate reason to retain personal data, including our obligations to retain business records to comply with the law.
- Restriction. We will restrict the processing of personal data when we receive requests from data subjects in various circumstances, unless there is a legal reason that we cannot do so, including a legal obligation to continue processing your personal data in a certain way.
- Right to data portability. In certain circumstances, data subjects may request from the controller a copy of their personal data in a structured, common, and machine-readable format, and transfer it to another provider of similar or similar services. We do not consider this right to apply to our Services. However, should this right apply, we will comply with such transfer request. Please note that the transfer to another provider does not imply the deletion of the personal data of the person concerned, which may still be kept for legitimate and legal reasons.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. We suggest that those concerned contact us for any question related to the way we handle personal data. However, each person concerned has the right to contact the relevant supervisory authority directly. Here you will find a list of supervisory authorities.
Third Party Sites
The policies of third parties for related services and offers (such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram) with links to or from our Services, include their own statements regarding personal data, which can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding link on each of the respective sites. Having no control over the policies and practices of merchants and other participating third parties, we are not responsible for the practices regarding personal data or the content of such sites. We recommend that you review these policies before providing your personal data or entering into transactions with these third parties.